Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Evaluating websites

It is very impotant to evaluate websites. You want to make sure that the information that you find on the internet is accurate and valid. Anyone can post things on websites and can create and put anything on their sites to try and fool people. When you or your students are doing research you need to be aware of the signs that the website is fake. First you should check to see if the site has an author, then look at the name of the site to see if it looks authentic and how the website looks. You should also look at the date that it was created and last updated to see if the information is up to date.

A lot of people do not evaluate websites properly and recieve false information that they believe is true because it is on the internet. People should really learn how to evaluate websites properly especially teachers so that they can teach their students.

In my classroom to make sure that my students know how to properly evaluate websites, I will first inform them of how to do it and then I would have them go onto websites and evaluate themm by filling out a worksheet. This way I know that they know how to do it before I assign them a research project to do, which requires them to get information from the internet.

No comments:

Post a Comment