Monday, November 9, 2009

copyright

I learned a lot about copyright after going over it in class. I did not know that there were so many laws and so many grey areas associated with copyright laws. The law that surprised me the most was that to register your work to be copyrighted you need to pay $35. I also did not know that people could put a copyright on everything that was originally produced by them such as phrases and ideas. Also the fair use policy that you can only make one copy for yourself. You can not make enough copies for your class and use them for multiple years.

I cant think of a specific example of teachers violating copyright laws but I am sure they have. All teachers violate some kind of copyright law either intentionally or unintentionally. As a teacher I will teach my students about copyright and make them aware of what they can and cant do. To emphasize these laws, I will practice them myself. I will be very aware of copyright laws and try to protect them as a teacher.

No comments:

Post a Comment